Socks are an often overlooked piece of clothing. Modern gentlemen should always pay careful attention to their choice of socks. That said, picking the perfect pair of socks still requires some thought—there’s a fine line between looking dapper and completely missing the mark.
This is a valuable guide to help with selecting the perfect pair of socks for your outfit.
1. Do not wear thin dress socks when wearing athletic shoes and shorts.
2. If you can't find the perfect pair to match with your dress outfit, stick to black. White socks should be reserved for sports or white tuxedos, only.
3. Check your socks to ensure they fit well. You don't want them sagging.
4. Pick a color that goes back to some element of your outfit, whether its color or pattern, or has matching undertones.
5. Know how much sock to show.
6. Don't wear bright socks to solemn occasions or business events. The challenge of wearing bright socks should be left to the most brazen of gentleman. If you're unsure, stick to something conservative.
7. Know the materials and how they affect absorbency and warmth:
One of the finer refinements of any gentleman's attire, cufflinks are among the least understood men's accessory. Most men don't own a pair of cufflinks. Others have received a pair of cufflinks as a gift and haven't had the occasion, or motivation, to wear them. Men don't have a lot of accessory options. When it comes to jewelry, we are generally limited to rings, watches, and cufflinks. Wearing the right cufflinks can get you great compliments and show your personality.
View full article →
Every gentleman should properly care for his accessories. Not only does proper care ensure you don't look sloppy, it preserves your necktie for many years. If you wear your ties regularly, you might notice that after the third or fourth time they might look worn.
Here are some easy ways to ensure your ties look neat and fresh. Learn about tie storage, daily tie care, stain removal, cleaning, and travel.View full article →
A pocket square is not an optional accessory. It's a must when wearing a suit. A perfectly coordinated pocket square can remarkably sharpen your outfit. A good suit without a pocket square looks dull, or even worse — lazy.
Think about the difference a tie makes. A correctly coordinated pocket square will have a similar impact on your attire. Read these quick tips.View full article →
The tie-clip is a miniature accessory that can have a monumental impact on your look. Yet there are still many who neglect to wear it correctly. Some forget to wear the tie-clip all together - and leave themselves looking like an amateur.
Here are some easy to remember dos and don'ts.
View full article →